Social Media: Top 5 Reasons to Use Social Media for Your Business?
Combined, Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, have more than 2 BILLION users. With the massive amount of people using Social Media sites, there hasn’t been a better time for businesses to join in.
Social Media has opened up some new doors in terms of marketing to your local consumers. Most of them are using these social media platforms, so there’s no reason why your business should not put yourself right in front of them. Did you know that Google now considers signals about your company in social media when deciding how your company website should rank in the search engines.
Here are 5 great benefits of using social media for your local business:
- More and more people are searching for businesses on social media sites. In fact, approximately 1/3 of consumers say that they usually search for and check out a company’s Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter page before considering a purchase. If the company is new and has no social media page, these consumers typically move on and look for a company with a strong digital media presence. When a business has digital media sites, it helps customers feel more at ease about purchases and in their mind, reinforces the company’s credibility.
- Customer service has never been easier and more convenient. Instead of customers having to wait days for a returned call or email, you can quickly resolve issues in real-time. You also have a simple way to engage with many customers all at once, which helps promote a sense of trust between you and your consumers. In addition, you’ll be able to give your business its own unique personality which will attract like-minded people.
- Virtual online marketing helps your company get more online visibility. The more pages you have, the more likely your company will rank higher in the major search engines. Social media sites already rank strongly in Google and other essential search engines. If you have a presence in the popular social media sites, not only will your social media accounts rank higher in searches, but your company website can be pushed higher as well. If you’re in a high-competition industry, having your business presence show up on the first page of search engine results is imperative.
- The way consumers shop for products and services has dramatically changed. People are conducting more business via the Internet and social media sites than ever before. A good majority of consumers who shop online are regularly active on at least one social media site. Most of these consumers become social media fans of the businesses and companies they purchase from, and almost all would post positively on social media sites about their experiences with these companies.
- It is free. Aside from optional advertising costs that you can usually purchase for a nominal fee, creating and using digital media doesn’t cost a penny. It’s free exposure for your business and a way to reach customers worldwide. Despite Internet hoaxes and rumors claiming that the top social media sites will start charging, all of the major sites have confirmed that the services will remain free. In addition, not only is digital marketing media here to stay, it’s expected to grow exponentially as users can now use their smartphones to check out their favorite sites.
This is yet another reason your company should be focused on digital online marketing. Get the facts about social signals today. Call or click
Confused About SEO?
We get that. Get your SEO questions answered quickly. Enjoy our free resource guide "3 simple steps to grow your traffic, audience and customers" and watch your traffic grow.