People stop following your company for three critical reason. What are the top reasons people stop following a company on Facebook?
Over half of consumers say they have stopped following a company on Facebook because the information was too competitive, boring or promotional.
3 Tips To Creating An Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy
When it comes to marketing on Facebook, there’s more to it than simply creating a Facebook page for your local business. In general, doing any type of marketing requires a strategy beforehand so that you know exactly how to appeal to your audience.
Before jumping into Facebook marketing, forming a marketing strategy for your Facebook page is what you should do first. Here are three tips that you can use to help you get started:
- How Do You Choose Your Profile and Cover Photos?
First impressions count when it comes to social media marketing. If people don’t like what they see on your page, they’ll be turned off by it and walk away from it forever. In order for your business to benefit from this marketing platform, you don’t want that; so take the time to decide what your profile and cover photos will be for your Facebook page. Here are a ideas you can use for your profile and cover pictures:
- Your business logo
- Any volunteer work pictures that you and your team has done to give you an extra PR boost
- Your products
- Photos that represent your services
- Custom-made artwork that represents your business
Make sure that your profile and cover pictures aren’t inappropriate or poorly made. If you need to, invest in professional photography services to make your business photos pop. Clear and crisp photos will only help generate interest in your business and attract more people to it.
- What Do You Want To Post?
This is the most common concern that business owners have when they create a Facebook business page; they never know what to post exactly, yet they have already created a Facebook page. Before even establishing your page, figure out what posts you want to create. Do you want to share business updates or promote your products and services? Do you want to share any mini stories with your fans related to your industry? Get creative with your posts! Here are some basic guidelines to use when you’re planning what types of Facebook posts you want to have for your page:
- Posts must always be positive in some way, i.e. funny, encouraging, engaging, empowering, etc. Don’t vent to your fans, and keep any personal issues you have to yourself.
- Add some type of media with each of your posts. The most popular type of media to use with posts is images. You can also combine YouTube videos with your posts.
- Have a variety of posts to keep your Facebook page interesting, such as promotional posts and content-only posts.
- How Do You Plan To Engage Your Audience?
Since Facebook is a social media platform, engaging and interacting with others is a main aspect of it. Every business is different, so take the time to learn about your audience, what they’re interested in, and determine how to engage them on your Facebook page with that information.
Getting your business out there is critical, especially if you want to grow it. But don’t try to do everything at once. Take your time to create a marketing plan that will allow you to build upon it as time goes on.
We can help your company curated quality content your customers will appreciated. Contact us to learn more.
Like this post?
Receive the latest news and updates about facebook marketing strategies instantly from our team to your email.
As a way of saying thanks you will receive our Facebook Marketing ebook.